Monday, March 24, 2008

New Years Resolution #3 - Don't Be A Hater People

Have you ever noticed how easily people can rub off on you? If you are like me, then you have probably pick up habits or mannerisms from the people in your life. I rub my hands together when I'm excited, which I got from my friend Heather. I describe anything cute as "tiny" as a result of my sister. The list goes on and on. Personally I think it is a compliment. For the most part it is not intentional but there are the occasional things that I purposely try to introduce into my life. To spice up the regular routine.

One line that is new to my repetuare is "Don't be a hater!" or "Why do you have to be a hater?". Yes, I know that I'm not a gangsta and I'm far from being a teenager, but this line just works for me. A "Hater" is someone who is generally negative and in bad spirits. Someone who is constantly putting someone or something down or always finding fault in something, rather than seeing the good. The best part about the line is that it is not super serious and can therefore be used in many situations.

The next time you find yourself telling a friend or colleague about something that you like to do in your spare time; if they say that they wish they the had the time to do that (in a condensending voice), you say back to them "Don't be a hater!". Feel free to add in the word "hommie" at the end of you are in a good mood.