Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Doggie Love

We would like to think that in our relationships we give unconditional love, and by that I mean you love your significant other for who they are and don’t want them to change. I have come to the realization that no human being is actually capable of giving such love. The only thing on this earth that can and does is a dog. (Sorry cat-lovers, it is only dogs)

A dog’s love is like no other. They don’t care what you wear, how much money you make, if you are popular or if you are having a good or bad hair day. They just love you for you.

The best example is in their greeting. There is no greater feeling then coming home to a dog. They are over the moon to see you! Even if you were away for two minutes they still give you that loving feeling. They run around with excitement, they make exciting noises and are anxious to get your attention. The best part is that it is sincere. No men are capable of showing such excitement, especially for a woman.

In light of talking about dogs, I would like to say a few words about our newest puppy Tess a.k.a. Tessie shown in the picture. She has helped bring this realization on. Our eldest dog is so sweet and gentle. Tess is crazy, loud, a trouble-maker and in your face, but is also the most loving dog we have ever had. She loves to cuddle and kiss your face. When she sleeps she has to be touching or on one of us, including her sister. During the day she needs to be around us at all times whether we are cooking, working on the computer or having a bath... it is guaranteed that Tess will be there! She just stares at you like she could not love anything more. She basically needs constant love and attention and as much as she can drive me crazy, her sweet face brings out the soft side in me.

Dogs are so much more than pets. They are one of those things in life that make me happy. I may not have a dog when I start a family, but I can acknowledge the level of love they give to the people close to them - it's unconditional. If only men could be this wonderful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moo, I couldn't have said it better myself! Mum oxo

Anonymous said...

Josie, I get your point and totally agree...Dogs are amazing therapy...everyone should have a dog...no time is right...but hey...just do it!!!! Unconditional Love...Kitties are a close second...just ask Erin!!!