Thursday, August 2, 2007

Natural Energy

I try to keep an open mind about everything, from religion to trying new food. I’m not completely into holistic thinking but more and more I have started to believe in the concept of people being made up of or projecting energy.

Have you ever noticed the impact different people have on your mood?

For example, have you ever been around a group of negative people at work and after spending time with them you no longer feel eager to do anything. On the flip side, have you ever been feeling low but the moment a friend walks into the room you start to feel better?

I have also come to appreciate the fact that some people have stronger energy than others. Perhaps the level of energy projected is relative to persons confidence or maybe it is simply genetic makeup. All I know is that not everyone has the same impact on me.


My Pilates teacher is the person that has really turned me into a human energy believer. I love my Wednesday night class. Being in that room is not just about exercise for me. I find it is the one place where my mind is completely at ease. It isn’t because of the relaxing music or the movements, but instead it is my teacher. The moment I see her, my body feels stronger and my mind relaxes. Her energy is strong.

A few months ago my mind was going a million miles a minute during my class. I had not said a word to her but during one of the exercises she came over put her hands on my head and whispered quietly, “Stop thinking”. I instantly let out a long exhale and let go of my thoughts. For those of you who know me, you know that making me mellow-out can be a difficult task, but somehow she has the power. As a result, I find I’m drawn to her because my mind and body feel good around her energy.

Maybe I am the only one that can relate to this but I hope not. There is nothing better then meeting people that make you feel good by just being near them. I can only hope that my energy has the same impact on someone.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jos,

You've got the best energy EVER!!! I wouldn't have kept you around all these years if you didn't! HA!