Friday, April 25, 2008

Sweet sounds of spring!

Although the nights still feel a bit cool it is safe to say that spring is officially here. Mother Nature did not win. We all survived the winter of 2007-2008 and boy was it ever a long one! I think it was so brutal in Ontario that accepting the spring weather has been somewhat of an unbelievable thing.

Beside the temperature there are a several signs I look for to know that spring is definitely here:

- The snow tires are coming off
- People are smiling and talking to each other
- Exercise is back into the routine
- The garage/driveway becomes a neighbourhood hang out again.
- You can smell the sweet sent of a BBQ cooking dinner

My all time favourite sign that spring is in the air is the sound of all the birds. Have you ever stopped to listen to them lately? It is not just the occasional song but constant chatter from morning to night. I have always thought that the birds are just like us when it comes to seasons. They have been trapped inside a tree for all of winter and now that it is nice out they are able to visit with their friends and talk about the day. I also love how early it starts. As soon as the dawn starts to break the birds start singing. I love waking up to it. I think it is something we take for granted here in Ontario. I have been all over the world and hearing birds sing is not a normal thing, even in other provinces of Canada.

So in light of spring being here, I urge everyone to savour the moments you enjoy about spring. The months seem to be passing by so quickly, that I think it is important to note those things that make you happy instead of all those daily things that bring you down.

No comments: