Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bon appétit!

I’m a foodie.

I love the enjoyment that comes with eating great food. I’m not talking about chips, cookies, or any kind of junk food. I’m talking about fabulous dips, risotto, grilled salmon, home-made bread, filet mignon with a balsamic reduction…need I say more.
I have been known to talk about what I should have for my next meal before I finish the meal I’m having. I love watching the food network and would spend my first lotto winning's on hiring a professional chef live with me.

Of all the food items I love there is one thing that makes me smile inside and out. You know the kind of food that once you put it in your mouth you instantly warm and fuzzy all over? That guilty pleasure for me is a good croissant. I can’t get enough of a fresh croissant from a bakery, especially in Europe. It is the perfect combination between bread and dessert. I know it is 80% butter, but I could never turn one down. Oh and a chocolate croissant is simply heaven on a plate – no dessert tops that for me (Maybe Erica’s special chocolate and cinnamon cake).

I don’t know whether I’m like this because my spent my entire youth in the hospitality industry or the fact that I’m surrounded by such amazing cooks, minus me. All I know is that a good meal or croissant is worth every calorie no matter what Dr.Oz says.


If you disagree with me I would suggest you watch the Disney movie “Ratatouille”. Enough said.

Bon appétit!

No comments: