Sunday, March 4, 2007

Change the world with a wave.

There are a lot of terrible drivers out there, especially in the winter time. I can’t decide if it is because people are distracted or maybe they never truly learned the rules of the road. Sometimes I want to yell out the window and say, “What is wrong with you people?”

Now I will admit that I make mistakes from time to time but I think the one main difference between me and the other guy is that I always wave. I think a honest wave makes all the difference.


Have you ever had someone cut you off on the highway? Do you get angry?

Well have you ever noticed how if they raise their hand and wave, that your mood quickly changes? This simple gesture is a way of acknowledging the mistake or thanking the person for understanding. In my mind, this acknowledgement makes it all ok.

My theory is if you cause another car to change the way they are driving because of your actions, then they deserve a wave. I challenge everyone to feel the difference. The next time you are cut off on the road, see if a simple wave changes your mood. If it does, please make the effort to start doing it too.

4 comments:

DRA said...

Rose ... I always say I wish a had one of those lite-brite toys or signs with me so I can flash them for people to read. Some examples would include: Speed limit = ___, use the other pedal, grow up, and you are lucky you are old.

p.s. you didn't mention how good my driving was today getting you home safely!!!

little h. said...

dave...your signs are very polite...mine would have a few more "choice" words i think!

Anonymous said...

My "wave" only uses one finger.

Anonymous said...

Ain't that the truth...Where did common courtesy go? I hate when a driver just thinks that their blinker allows them to push their way through the line and then they don't even say THANK YOU. I think that parents need to stress the importance of showing "common courtesy" especially when driving.