Thursday, March 1, 2007

Stylish or just plain annoying?


There are a few purchases that I have regretted, especially when you know you should be saving money. I bought this delightful sweater around Christmas time. It is the kind of sweater that works with many outfits since it is loose and just wraps around you, but there is a problem that I have been in denial about…it is made with Angora!! So it sticks to everything I wear underneath it, any chair I sit on, and every innocent bi-standard that I stand next too. Tonight the sweater has found a new place to cling too - my dryer. I put it in there to get it partial dry before hanging and now anything that enters my dryer has these little fluff things on it.
So the question is, do I keep adoring it or give it away?? I think I need to sacrifice this piece in order to save the rest of my wardrobe and my sanity. My advice to all shoppers out there is if you see the word "Angora" think twice or at least make sure that there isn't a lot in it.
This strong dislike of things clinging to my clothes is exactly why I will never own a cat or a dog that sheds!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jos, Save it for Tess. Emma is too full figured for it! Mum oxo

Anonymous said...

I have a similar sweater and I've come to terms with the fact that it was the WORSE purcahse of 2006. Next time I'll think real hard before buying a similar item.

Anonymous said...

I have a similar sweater and I've come to terms with the fact that it was the WORSE purcahse of 2006. Next time I'll think real hard before buying a similar item.

little h. said...

um jos...you need links to other sites...most importantly, angela, erin's and my blogs! hello! ahah...a mile a minute...too perfect

Fuzz said...

Love the blog, Moo. Hate the sweater. Definitely pitch it.

DRA said...

Jos, sell your sweater on Craigslist .... I hear it's great! ;)

Anonymous said...

i know what you mean, but ooohhhh... angora looks sooooo good. it's like those killer heels, hate them, but man, you look hot in 'em

Anonymous said...

Well said.